Friday, November 19, 2010

Alleyway Harmonics

A recess in the graffiti'd alley walls is where he stood, "Come in, it's not so windy here" he said.    Between conversations he serenaded me with his harp, while I clicked away.  He asked for money.  I gave him money.  He asked for more.  I placed in his weathered palm the remainder of my proposed lunch.  Not willing to leave without offering something in return, he handed me his harmonica.  "No no, you need that.  Sharing your wonderful music was enough!"  But he reassured me, he'd just hustled enough to buy a new one.  ;)







2 comments:

  1. My comments are so lame lately...All I want to say is I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic. I get to see this guy hustle money at Smartmouths often by playing the piano. He is really good and you really are great.

    ReplyDelete